HONORABLE DEBORAH BELL PASEUR, JUDGE, Ret.
- Partner, Johnson, Paseur & Medley, LLC, 2009- Present
- Served as Lauderdale County District Court Judge 28 years; First woman attorney in Lauderdale County and first woman Judge in Lauderdale County: Elected in 1980 & Re-elected 4 times without opposition; Currently remains in “retired active” status taking cases in North Alabama to help other Judges
- Registered Mediator, Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution
- Member, Alabama and Lauderdale County Bar Associations,
- Member, Alabama District Judges Association; First woman to serve as President
- Founding Member and Judge, Lauderdale County Drug Court Team
- Founding Member, Lauderdale County Community Corrections Authority
- Member, Alabama Law Institute's Children's Code Committee, Adoption Committee and Standing Committee on Family Law
- Served on several committees appointed by the Governor and Chief Justice regarding civil and criminal law, children's cases, and judicial administration
- Taught Police and Community Relations at the University of North Alabama
- Past Member, UNA School of Social Work Accreditation Committee and Criminal Justice Advisory Board
- Past Member, Florence Police Department Citizen's Advisory Board
- Member, Leadership Alabama, Class XII, and Chair, Shoals Regional Council, 2014-2017
- Member, Leadership Alabama State Board, 2019-present
- Member, Florence Rotary Club; Past Assistant District Governor, 2012-2016 & Past
- President, 2008-2009; Graduate, Rotary Leadership Institute; Recipient of the Rotary International District 6860 Vocational Service Award, 2023.
- President, Board of Directors, Shoals Scholar Dollars Foundation, Inc., 2015-2021
- Member, UNA Foundation Board of Directors, 2015-2021
- Member, City of Florence Civil Service Board, 2015-present
- Member, 35+ years, Shoals Chamber of Commerce; Served on Board of Directors, 1984-1987 and 2016-2023; Co-chair, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committee-2020-2023; Chair, Total Resource Campaign, 2023.
- Founding Member, Safeplace Domestic Violence Shelter and Counseling Program
- Founding Member, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Shoals
- Past Board Member, 15+ years, Colbert-Lauderdale Boys and Girls Attention Homes
- Member, 40+ years, American Legion Auxiliary, Past President and Past District President
- Past Member, 35+ years, Retired Senior Volunteer Program Advisory Committee
- Past Member, YMCA of the Shoals Strategic Planning Committee
- Member, 40+ years, Alabama Cattleman's Association
- Member, University of Alabama Alumni Association
- Member, University of Alabama Law School Alumni Association
- Attended public schools in Birmingham, Alabama
- S. Social Work, University of Alabama, 1973
- S. Criminal Justice, University of Alabama, 1985
- Juris Doctor, University of Alabama School of Law, 1976
- Graduate, General Jurisdiction Course, National Judicial College, 1981
- Member, St. Michael's Catholic Church, Florence, Alabama
- Member, Shoals Emmaus Cluster
Judge Paseur and her husband, Tom Greene, are very proud of their blended family which includes 5 children and their spouses, and 7 grandchildren!
We'd love to hear from you! Contact us today by calling 256-766-3131 to learn more.